Saturday, January 25, 2014

Angoulême

In a few days, I'll be visiting the Festival International de la Bande Dessinée d'Angoulême, Europe's biggest comics convention, for the first time. I'll be travelling with a group of my comic-drawing friends, and we decided to make a little something we could show to our French peers, who aren't likely able to understand any of our German-language print publications. Each of us translated a short comic or several comic strips into French, which we collected as a 24-page pamphlet with the catchy name "Netzbildergeschichtenkünstlerpräsentationsheft" (cahier de présentation des artistes de BD en ligne) and this splendid collab cover:

includes the following artists: Jeff Chi, Tim Gaedke, Hillerkiller, JARoo, Yinfinity

If you, too, happen to be in Angoulême this week and want one of these comic books, just tweet at me - I'm sure we can figure out a way to meet up!